Note: For a complete list of my publications, please refer to my Google Scholar Author Profile
Cybersecurity and Privacy
- I. Butun, M. Erol-Kantarci, B. Kantarci and H. Song, "Cloud-centric multi-level authentication as a service for secure public safety device networks," in IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 54, no. 4, pp. 47-53, April 2016. doi: 10.1109/MCOM.2016.7452265
- W. Li and H. Song, "ART: An Attack-Resistant Trust Management Scheme for Securing Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks," in IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 960-969, April 2016. doi: 10.1109/TITS.2015.2494017
- P. Hu; H. Ning; T. Qiu; H. Song; Y. Wang; X. Yao, "Security and Privacy Preservation Scheme of Face Identification and Resolution Framework Using Fog Computing in Internet of Things," in IEEE Internet of Things Journal , vol.PP, no.99, pp.1-1
- Lin, C., Song, Z., Song, H., Zhou, Y., Wang, Y., & Wu, G. “Differential privacy preserving in big data analytics for connected health,” Journal of medical systems (Springer), vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 1-9, Apr. 2016. doi:10.1007/s10916-016-0446-0
- M. Pouryazdan, B. Kantarci, T. Soyata and H. Song, "Anchor-Assisted and Vote-Based Trustworthiness Assurance in Smart City Crowdsensing," in IEEE Access, vol. 4, no. , pp. 529-541, 2016. doi: 10.1109/ACCESS.2016.2519820
- Q. Xu, P. Ren, H. Song and Q. Du, "Security Enhancement for IoT Communications Exposed to Eavesdroppers With Uncertain Locations," in IEEE Access, vol. 4, no. , pp. 2840-2853, 2016. doi: 10.1109/ACCESS.2016.2575863
- Umar, M. M., Mehmood, A., and Song, H. (2016) SeCRoP: secure cluster head centered multi-hop routing protocol for mobile ad hoc networks. Security and Communication Networks (Wiley). doi:10.1002/sec.1544
- Squire, R. and Song, H. (2014), Cyber-physical systems opportunities in the chemical industry: A security and emergency management example. Process Safety Progress (Wiley), 33: 329–332. doi:10.1002/prs.11676
- Nnanna Ekedebe ; Wei Yu ; Houbing Song and Chao Lu " On a simulation study of cyber attacks on vehicle-to-infrastructure communication (V2I) in Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) ", Proc. SPIE9497, Mobile Multimedia/Image Processing, Security, and Applications 2015, 94970B (May 21, 2015). doi:10.1117/12.2177465.
- Ekedebe, N., Yu, W., Lu, C., Song, H., & Wan, Y. (2015). Securing transportation cyber-physical systems. Securing Cyber-Physical Systems, 163-196.
- Guobin Xu, Paul Moulema, Linqang Ge, Houbing Song, Wei Yu (2016). Towards Secured and Efficient Smart Grid. Smart Grid: Networking, Data Management, and Business Models, 73-96.
Cyber-Physical Systems/Internet of Things
- Y. Jiang, H. Song, Y. Yang, H. Liu, M. Gu, Y. Guan, J. Sun, and L. Sha, "Dependable Model Driven Development of CPS: From Stateflow Simulation to Verified Implementation," in ACM Transactions on Cyber-Physical Systems (accepted)
- Y. Zhang, L. Sun, H. Song and X. Cao, "Ubiquitous WSN for Healthcare: Recent Advances and Future Prospects," in IEEE Internet of Things Journal, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 311-318, Aug. 2014. doi: 10.1109/JIOT.2014.2329462
- Z. Lv, T. Yin, X. Zhang, H. Song, G. Chen, "Virtual Reality Smart City Based on WebVRGIS," in IEEE Internet of Things Journal, vol.3, no.6, pp.1015-1024, Dec. 2016. doi: 10.1109/JIOT.2016.2546307
- D. Jiang, P. Zhang, Z. Lv and H. Song, "Energy-Efficient Multi-Constraint Routing Algorithm with Load Balancing for Smart City Applications," in IEEE Internet of Things Journal, vol. 3, no. 6, pp. 1437-1447, Dec. 2016. doi: 10.1109/JIOT.2016.2613111
- S. Rani; S. H. Ahmed; R. Talwar; J. Malhotra; H. Song, "IoMT: A Reliable Cross Layer Protocol for Internet of Multimedia Things," in IEEE Internet of Things Journal , vol.PP, no.99, pp.1-1
- Z. Wang, H. Song, D. W. Watkins, K. G. Ong, P. Xue, Q. Yang, and X. Shi, "Cyber-physical systems for water sustainability: challenges and opportunities," in IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 53, no. 5, pp. 216-222, May 2015. doi: 10.1109/MCOM.2015.7105668
- K. Xu, X. Wang, W. Wei, H. Song and B. Mao, "Toward software defined smart home," in IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 54, no. 5, pp. 116-122, May 2016. doi: 10.1109/MCOM.2016.7470945
- Y. Jiang; H. Song; R. Wang; M. Gu; J. Sun; L. Sha, "Data-Centered Runtime Verification of Wireless Medical Cyber-Physical System," in IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, vol.PP, no.99, pp.1-1. doi: 10.1109/TII.2016.2573762
- L. Huang; J. Wu; F. You; Z. Lv; H. Song, "Cyclist Social Force Model at Unsignalized Intersections with Heterogeneous Traffic," in IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, vol.PP, no.99, pp.1-1. doi: 10.1109/TII.2016.2597744
- W. Wei; X. Fan; H. Song; X. Fan; J. Yang, "Imperfect Information Dynamic Stackelberg Game Based Resource Allocation Using Hidden Markov for Cloud Computing," in IEEE Transactions on Services Computing, vol.PP, no.99, pp.1-1. doi: 10.1109/TSC.2016.2528246
- S. H. Ahmed, S. H. Bouk, M. A. Yaqub, D. Kim, H. Song and J. Lloret, "CODIE: Controlled Data and Interest Evaluation in Vehicular Named Data Networks," in IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 65, no. 6, pp. 3954-3963, June 2016. doi: 10.1109/TVT.2016.2558650
- Y. Cao, Y. Miao, G. Min, T. Wang, Z. Zhao and H. Song, "Vehicular-Publish/Subscribe (V-P/S) Communication Enabled On-the-Move EV Charging Management," in IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 54, no. 12, pp. 84-92, December 2016.
- Y. Lin; J. Yang; L. Wen; Q. Meng; Z. Lv; H. Song, "Quality Index for Stereoscopic Images by Jointly Evaluating Cyclopean Amplitude and Cyclopean Phase," in IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Signal Processing , vol.PP, no.99, pp.1-1
- Q. Du, H. Song, Q. Xu, P. Ren, L. Sun, “Interference-Controlled D2D Routing Aided by Knowledge Extraction at Cellular Infrastructure towards Ubiquitous CPS,” Personal and Ubiquitous Computing (Springer), vol. 19, no. 7, pp. 1033-1043, Oct. 2015. doi:10.1007/s00779-015-0872-x
- W. Li, I. Santos, F. C. Delicato, P. F. Pires, L. Pirmez, W. Wei, H. Song, A. Zomaya, S. Khan, “System modelling and performance evaluation of a three-tier Cloud of Things,” Future Generation Computer Systems, Available online 5 July 2016, ISSN 0167-739X. doi: 10.1016/j.future.2016.06.019
- J. Yang, H. Wang, Z. Lv, W. Wei, H. Song, M. Erol-Kantarci, B. Kantarci, S. He, “Multimedia recommendation and transmission system based on cloud platform,” Future Generation Computer Systems, Available online 5 July 2016, ISSN 0167-739X. doi: 10.1016/j.future.2016.06.015
- Y.-C. Chiu, L. Zhou, H. Song, “Development and calibration of the Anisotropic Mesoscopic Simulation model for uninterrupted flow facilities,” Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 152-174, Jan. 2010. ISSN 0191-2615. doi: 10.1016/j.trb.2009.06.001
- Y. Sun, X. Yu, R. Bie, H. Song, “Discovering time-dependent shortest path on traffic graph for drivers towards green driving,” Journal of Network and Computer Applications (Elsevier), Available online 12 February 2016, ISSN 1084-8045. doi: 10.1016/j.jnca.2015.10.018
- Sun, Z., Zhang, Y., Nie, Y., Wei, W., Lloret, J., & Song, H. (2016). CASMOC: a novel complex alliance strategy with multi-objective optimization of coverage in wireless sensor networks. Wireless Networks (Springer), 1-22. doi:10.1007/s11276-016-1213-3
Big Data Analytics
- Z. Lv; H. Song; P. Basanta-Val; A. Steed; M. Jo, "Next-Generation Big Data Analytics: State of the Art, Challenges, and Future Research Topics," in IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics , vol.PP, no.99, pp.1-1
- Y. Sun, H. Song, A. J. Jara and R. Bie, "Internet of Things and Big Data Analytics for Smart and Connected Communities," in IEEE Access, vol. 4, pp. 766-773, 2016.
- L. A. Tawalbeh, R. Mehmood, E. Benkhlifa and H. Song, "Mobile Cloud Computing Model and Big Data Analysis for Healthcare Applications," in IEEE Access, vol. 4, pp. 6171-6180, 2016.
- X. Xiong; D. Jiang; Y. Wu; L. He; H. Song; Z. Lv, "Empirical Analysis and Modeling of the Activity Dilemmas in Big Social Networks," in IEEE Access, vol.PP, no.99, pp.1-1
Communications and Networking
- H. Song and M. Brandt-Pearce, "Range of Influence and Impact of Physical Impairments in Long-Haul DWDM Systems," in Journal of Lightwave Technology, vol. 31, no. 6, pp. 846-854, March 15, 2013. doi: 10.1109/JLT.2012.2235409
- H. Song and M. Brandt-Pearce, "A 2-D Discrete-Time Model of Physical Impairments in Wavelength-Division Multiplexing Systems," in Journal of Lightwave Technology, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 713-726, March 1, 2012. doi: 10.1109/JLT.2011.2180360
- S. H. Bouk, S. H. Ahmed, D. Kim and H. Song, "Named-Data-Networking-Based ITS for Smart Cities," in IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 105-111, January 2017. doi: 10.1109/MCOM.2017.1600230CM
- H. Song and M. Brandt-Pearce, "Range of Influence of Physical Impairments in Wavelength-Division Multiplexed Systems," Global Telecommunications Conference (GLOBECOM 2011), 2011 IEEE, Houston, TX, USA, 2011, pp. 1-6. doi: 10.1109/GLOCOM.2011.6134217
- H. Song, M. Brandt-Pearce, Tingjun Xie and S. G. Wilson, "Combined constrained code and LDPC code for long-haul fiber-optic communication systems," Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM), 2012 IEEE, Anaheim, CA, 2012, pp. 2984-2989. doi: 10.1109/GLOCOM.2012.6503571
- H. Song and M. Brandt-Pearce, "Model-centric nonlinear equalizer for coherent long-haul fiber-optic communication systems," 2013 IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM), Atlanta, GA, 2013, pp. 2394-2399. doi: 10.1109/GLOCOM.2013.6831432
- H. Song and M. Brandt-Pearce, "A Discrete-Time Polynomial Model of Single Channel Long-Haul Fiber-Optic Communication Systems," 2011 IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), Kyoto, 2011, pp. 1-6. doi: 10.1109/icc.2011.5962749
- D. Xu, P. Ren, L. Sun and H. Song, "Precoder-and-receiver design scheme for multi-user coordinated multi-point in LTE-A and fifth generation systems," in IET Communications, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 292-299, 2 11 2016. doi: 10.1049/iet-com.2015.0229
- Q. Du, P. Ren, H. Song, Y. Wang and L. Sun, "On P2P-Share Oriented Routing over Interference-Constrained D2D Networks," Mobile Ad-hoc and Sensor Networks (MSN), 2014 10th International Conference on, Maui, HI, 2014, pp. 138-143. doi: 10.1109/MSN.2014.25
- H. He, Q. Du, H. Song, W. Li, Y. Wang and P. Ren, "Traffic-aware ACB scheme for massive access in machine-to-machine networks," 2015 IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), London, 2015, pp. 617-622. doi: 10.1109/ICC.2015.7248390